Yield: about 4 servings
Cost: less than $10
- Trader Joe's Turkey Chili with Beans - 2 cans
- Trader Joes Cornbread Mix (prepare with egg, 1/2 cup oil, 3/4 cup milk)
- Trader Joes Fancy Shredded Mexican Blend
- Trader Joe's Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spread chili into a 9x13 casserole dish
- Top with prepared uncooked cornbread mix
- bake 25-30 minutes, until cornbread is fully cooked and beginning to brown at the edge
- Serve piping hot and garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream and your favorite chili toppings
- Check the cheese, we got some Trader Joe's that was green inside (yuck!).
- Sprinkle good cheese on after baking and return to warm oven to melt.
- Adding an initial layer of prepared (cooked) cornmeal "mush" sweetened with honey and with a can of creamed corn would add a lot to this dish. Will try and report.
- Chopped onions and salsa for toppings.
- Sounds really good with scrambled eggs for a hearty breakfast.
, trader joe's